Saturday, March 6, 2010

INDIA PART 7 – Salaries of Indians

INDIA PART 7 – Salaries of Indians
Economist Tan was reading through The Economic Times and he saw this.

With an average annual GDP growth rate of 5.8% for the past two decades, Indian economy is among the fastest growing in the world.(The Economic Times, 26 Apr 2007)."

And then the Economist Tan also saw this alarming statistic.

“42% of India’s population falls below the poverty line of $1.25USD/day.”

The top economist is a curious man. His curiosity can only be rivaled by the mind of a boy undergoing puberty. So he starts to collect first-hand information from the people around him.

First, he saw an Indian intern and he ask her how much does she earn.

Nemo D/O Momo : "My monthly allowance is 15,000Rupees($469). But I am very poor as I suffered from constipation and diarrhea. Most of my money goes to medicine."

Then he goes to a Mcdonalds and ask the counter staff.
Rajaldanthasar Omeshishmathan:" I earn Rp22/hr ($0.69/hr), and I have to work 5 hours just to have enough to eat an extra-value meal."

Then Economist Tan ask Indian Tan.
Indian Tan:" My company gives me 6500rupee per month($203/month), but I work 6 days per week, Saturday also full day! And I am an authentic Indian."
Indian Tan's payslip= $203/month

Then he ask his colleague
Colleague: "My net pay is 6200rupee per month($193/month). And I have a degree and been working for 3 years. My pay cant even compared to singaorean interns. Damn"
Colleague's payslip=$193/month

Then Economist Tan asked a waiter at a local café.

Baboonaesh Vijakanrajaha :" I earn 3200rupee per month, working 10hours daily with no off days. ($100/month)"

Then finally he asked an ugly Indian he met on the street.

Anuraj S/O Balasingum: "வீரனாய் 5000இருப்பதை விட மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயனாய்னாய்ற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனாய்னிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்னாய்னாய்க முயற்சி செய்)மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க னாய்னாய்முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் னாய்இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருனாய்க்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்மனிதனாய் இருக்க முயற்சி செய்"

(Sorry,it seems like he say alot, but after translation it just means :"I earn 5000rupee per month.($156/month)."




So indeed, the statistic is true. Most of the indians are earning below the poverty line.
So please, if you have a heart, please transfer some money to Economist Tan's POSB saving account, 040-30175-5 and he will try to help these people get out of the poverty trap.

1 comment:

Beezymama said...

hey...love to read your blog...keep it coming...yat's mom..