Thursday, July 23, 2009

Temperature Taking

In view of the community spread of the H1N1 virus in Singapore, Themometer Tan has decided to take advantage of the situation and earn $8/hr step out and sacrifice his well-being by making contact with people visiting the HP Service Centre and take their temperature.

Although highly at risk, it is a relatively easy job and most people coming into the service centre seeing me standing there with a infra-red thermometer would automatically pop out their forehead for me to measure their temperature.

Sometimes unknowing people would offer their ear to me, which I don't blame them.
Sometimes unpleasant people would stick out their tongue, which I don't blame them.
Sometimes indescribable people would lift up their armpits and i feel like breaking their arm on the spot don't blame them too.

Boring the job may sound, its not easy to aim accurately at the centre of the forehead. But all jobs have their easy areas and I love to take temperature for indians. I find it easier to measure their temperature using their dot on the forehead as a guide.

I don't know why but some girls are weird and they would purposely go in and out of the service centre and insist I must take their temperature everytime. May be they are trying to hit on me paranoid.

Anyway I made a great discovery from this job and has already submitted a patent for this method of judging: If you look up at the thermometer and pout your mouth while having your temperature taken, you are a pretty girl.

Otherwise you are not. (Tested on all the girls who has visited HP Service Centre by Thermometer Tan.)

No comments: