Saturday, July 11, 2009

I got a soul but I'm not a soldier.

After my NS was disrupted last year due to studies, its now payback time for the remaining 5 weeks.
And I realised it doesn't matter if you are a very motivated person or full of life. You could be enjoying simple things like reading books or listening to music. But once you became a soldier all you think about is

- Canteen breaks
- Bookout
- Nights-out
- Going back bunk to sleep
- Cat1(rain) so exercise will cut

And I thought I had long grown out of that stage but I was wrong.
The moment I don the green uniform I think like a soilder again.

Seeing I am rotting away in camp, my superior decided to send me to Temasak Poly to exhibit our equipments in conjunction with the SAF day to the Minister of Transportation and Chief of Army.


It was very exciting to see all the young but legal 16year old girls have the chance to present the equiments to our Minister and the 2-star general.

Maybe the girls don't like me students are not interested in my equipment at all, but i find my booth empty most of the time except for some indians or PRC asking me what I doing here with my equipment. Other booths seems to have a steady flow of interested students gathering around them.

When I saw the Minister of Transportation I almost asked him to take the ERP gantry near my house away but luckily the 2-star general beside him stared at me so hard I just said my speech robotically.

And thank god this 5 weeks is finally over and I hope my brain will start to function normally again.

No comments: