All my English teachers always warn me not to try the persuasive topics in letter writing and once in Sec 3 I decided to try and she failed me.
For 2 years in Army I always had to persuade the Enciks why its not my fault I never bring enough stores or why the men never wake up for breafast or why got 3 generations of spider web behind my cupboard during inspection, I fett I had level up.
To try my persuasive skills again this time round I try to spar with the Traffic Police.
Dear Sir/Madam,
APPEAL FOR PARKING OFFENCE AT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
With reference to the above, I wish to make an appeal for a traffic summon issued to me on the 17 of January 2009 at Jurong West.
Please refer to the details below:
Car license plate: xxxxxx
Offence location: xxxxxx
Type of Offence: Parking on the grass verge
Notice No: xxxxxx
Date: 17 January 2009
Time: 1949hrs
NIRC: xxxxxxxxxxx
At about 1940hrs on 170109, I had to travel from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to Jurong West Street 64 Block 669C as I had a tuition session with my student at 2000hrs in his house. However, just as I had left the school compound, I had a terrible stomach ache and felt a very strong urge to relieve myself. Being quite familiar with the area, I knew that Jurong Point Shopping Centre was the nearest washroom along the journey and I would be able to relieve myself. As the pain in my stomach was unbearable and it kept escalating, I assessed that parking my bike in the shopping centre carpark would take up too much time for pain. After contemplating for a quick moment, I decided that I would park the bike at the grass patch beside the pavement, so it would not obstruct the traffic non causing inconvenience to the people walking along the pavement.
After relieving myself and returning to the vehicle about 15 minutes later, I found out I was issued a summon for parking on the grass verge. I truly understand that the Traffic Police is constantly working to make our roads safer for all users and the cooperation from all road users is necessary. I regret that this incident had happen and I am truly trying to relieve my stomach ache as I felt I couldn’t hold it till my student’s house. I shop at Jurong Point frequently and I always park my vehicle appropriately in the carpark no matter short I took.
Sir/Madam, it is not my intention to save the parking fee. On top of the points I mentioned above, I am currently a student still studying at NTU and teaching part-time tuition, and working part time in Turf Club as well. Juggling between my studies and work provides me just enough income to help support myself as my parents were separated and my mother is a housewife.
Thus, I wish to make an appeal of leniency to the matter as I am a first time offender and had to rush to the toilet as fast as I can. I am truly sorry on my oversight and I will try my utmost to adhere to all the stipulated rules and regulations henceforth. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Yours Faithfully,
Blogger Tan
In due to my letter, I recieved a letter from them today.
Dear Sir,
We refer to your letter dated 21/02/209.
We have reviewed your case and note that a traffic ofence has been disclosed but in view of the circumstances, we decided to take no further action against you in this instance. However, a warning will be recorded for our futher reference. We must also caution you not to commit the offence again, failing which we will have no alternative but to take action against you.
You may wish to note that "Park" under the Road Traffic Act means to bring a motor vehicle to a stationary postion and cause it to wait for any puspose other than that of immediately taking up or setting down persons, goods or luggage. This rule applies regardless whether there is someone in the vehicle or not, or whether the engine is running or otherwise.
We would like to urge you to make a conscious effort to comply with all Traffic Rules and Regulations which are made for your safety and that of other road users.
Yours faithfully,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Not too bad. Miss Wong would be proud of me. And all the letter-writing grades in school doesn't matter now. This letter is worth $70.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment