Sunday, March 15, 2009

New Workplace

The Turf Club office has shifted from Little India to Dhoby Ghaut since two weeks ago. Now I start to miss the riding journey to Little India already. That road has shown me that it is possible for bangalash pedestrians to cross the road even though a bike is 3 metres away from them and travelling at 40km/h. It has brought my lane change and e-brake techniques to a different level. It even made me try to learn Tamil from my Indian friend who taught me some vugarities words. Once I put it to good use by shouting to the pedestrian crossing the road.


I heard from my friends that the whole street is actually a zebra-crossing zone just that the white paints is overwhelmed by the bangalash has worn off and the government have not repaint, so we still need to give way. I am not sure.

My friends also said that's the only street where police won't deduct your license's points if you accidentally knock down any bangalash pedestrian. And on good days the police might even reward you with some points cos' its doing other drivers good. I am not sure either.


Anyway thanks to the need to move all the documents to new office, My supervisor wants me to do the mover work instead of answering calls from punters. Its better to carry heavy boxes than trying to talk to the punters.

After workng there for about 3 months, I concluded that there are mainly three reasons why the punter call in

- wants to confuse you.
- wants to nag at you.
- wants to vent anger at you.

Yesterday I recieved a call.

BLOGGER TAN:"Good morning. Singapore Turf Club"

CALLER: "Arro? TAF Club? I call from SHRIMP LAMPA"

BLOGGER TAN:"Sorry Sir?"

CALLER: "I call from SHRIMP LAM-PA."

BLOGGER TAN:"Sorry Sir?"

CALLER: "SHRIMP LAM -PA."

BLOGGER TAN:"Hmm.. Sri Lanka?"

CALLER: "Yes Yes!"

BLOGGER TAN:"....Ok..How may I help you Sir?"

CALLER: "You all which week got race horse?"

BLOGGER TAN:"We race everyweek."

CALLER: "When?"

BLOGGER TAN:"....Everyweek also got races..."

CALLER: "No no, when got race?"

BLOGGCALLER:"....We have races every wed's, fri's, and weekends."

CALLER: "No no, when race??"

BLOGGER TAN:"....we got races everyweek... coming wed.. fri.. and weekend also got..."

CALLER: "I know I know. when race?"

BLOGGER TAN "...we got races everyweek.. everyweek also got. you wan australia race, malaysia race singa..."

CALLER: "YES YES! Singapore race when?"

BLOGGER TAN:"ok. Singaore races on 18th, 21th blah blah. "

CALLER: "Okok, in singapore?"

BLOGGER TAN:"YES, Singaore race in Singapore, Australia race in australia, malaysia .... "

CALLER: "On when?"

BLOGGER TAN:"Erm.. on 18th, 21th blah blah..."

CALLER: "ok ok too rong already. I call again."

This Sri Lanka crab falls under the "wants to confuse you" category.

No comments: